Here are the final three items on my list of the top things I expect to see in health care over the next year.
I will stop at 10.
Which are on your mind? (Please post your comments, or your top 10 list below.)
Top 10 List, Day 3:
1. Fight Over Health Care Reform
2. Transparency. Moving Toward Reporting Performance & Outcomes in Health Care
3. Organized Physician Practices (Can You Say Accountable Care Organizations?)
4. Health Care Amenities
5. Recruitment, Retention and Engagement
6. Declining Revenues
7. Reduction in Cost per Unit Service
8. Looking for Solutions Outside of Our Industry. Health care has been slow to adopt business practice changes that other industries have used to be internationally competitive.
Industrial re-engineering, relentless process improvement and management transformation will increasingly be used in hospitals beyond the usual inventory and production functions.
Benchmarking of performance will become more focused on best in class, not best in industry. (Think of the service expectations set by an excellent hotel versus a traditional hospital).