But what do you really know about the Henry Ford Medical Group Insignia, a symbol of our heritage and continuing mission of research, education and exemplary patient care?
While the Medical Group was established nearly 100 years ago, the insignia is a relatively new addition, having only been created within the past decade.
The insignia also is composed of several meaningful elements:
- Shield: Truth and loyalty
- Banner: Reward for valiant service
- The word Invenio: Discovery and innovation
- The word Committo: To unite, collaborate and work as a team
- Branches with leaves: Symbolizes the reward of saving lives
- Henry Ford Hospital and Model T Ambulance: Symbolizes the rich heritage of innovation represented by its founder.
- Microscope: Symbolizes innovations in medical research and education.
- Caduceus: Represents the medical profession and its commitment to healing. The snake symbolizes knowledge and wisdom.
There’s even a bit of controversy behind the creation of the Medical Group insignia. Continue reading