I am pausing at this time (sort of like the NHL season break), asking for you to blog back to me.
What’s on your mind about The Henry Ford Hospital, health care, work, life, the City of Detroit, or any other topic that you want to share your perspectives as employees, health care workers, patients, citizens or anyone else?
Post your questions below in the comments section. But before you do…
There are several topics that I would like to keep off of this site (although if you so choose overwhelmingly, I can be persuaded to change my mind).
The off-limit topics include:
1. Anything to do with a reality TV program, especially those with terms in the title such as “Jersey,” “Housewives,” “The Real,” or “Island.”
2. Dr. Dre, or at least until he completes medical school.
3. Aliens, past, present, or future; alien societies, alien ancestors, alien abduction, SETI, or other extraterrestrial subjects. Speculation on the planet of origin of certain senior HFH leaders is acceptable.
4. High fashion, although hospital couture, or lack thereof, is fair game.
5. Criticism of the Detroit Red Wings, in particular Nicklas Lidstrom, Patty Eaves, Justin Abdulkader (Spartan pride) or Westland’s own, Mike Modano.
6. Old, unresolved arguments like “Great Taste, Less Filling“; “It’s a breath mint, no it’s a candy mint”; “Which high school conference do Ivy League football teams play”; and so on.
7. The Oscars, the Golden Globes or any other such awards that shun the high art of the films of Rutger Hauer. Although films about medicine, hospitals or the field in general may be discussed.
8. Chicago or New York style, whether it be pizza, hot dogs, music or any other item associated with those two cities.
9.Warm weather cities. Except, we can discuss this in the summer when LA hits 110 degrees and Miami’s humidity is the equivalent of Absopure.
10. Any posting by my wife asking me to pick up my clothes, papers, golf clubs or anything else around the house.
Now that the ground rules are set, let’s hear it from you.
For any threads that create multiple responses, we will create a separate blog entry to emphasize the topic.